Week 22

Tuesday, July 2, 2013


How far along? 22 weeks
Maternity clothes? maternity shirts and dresses
Stretch marks? no
Sleep: good
Best moment this week: Seeing our tiny baby during our ultrasound and getting surprised with 3D images. Amazing! Before the ultrasound I was super excited but also slightly nervous. I was excited to see our baby moving around and excited to find out the sex, but I was slightly nervous that we'd find out something was wrong. I had nothing to worry about though; it couldn't have been a better day! As soon as I saw our precious little baby, tears started streaming down my face. Our baby is a girl :) and is a mover and a shaker! She was wiggling and moving the entire time; she was constantly rubbing her face, bringing her feet up to her head, and kicking. Pete thinks she's doing yoga in there! The funny thing is that during the ultrasound I didn't feel her wiggling around. The tech said my placenta is attached in the front so it is like Baby Girl is kicking a pillow, and I will feel less of her movement. I've determined she must be moving around like crazy in there because most days I feel lots of kicks and punches. 

After we left the clinic, I burst into tears. Pete, immediately concerned, asked me what was wrong. I replied with, "I'm just so happy!!!" Everything is normal and looking good. Baby Girl Swenson weighed 13 oz the day of our ultrasound and was measuring at 21 weeks, 0 days. I was 21 weeks, 3 days at the time, so she is measuring very close. They took measurements of her brain, abdomen, and heart, and they all look normal too. The doctor even called us a few hours after our appointment to confirm, and we meet with our midwife next week to review the ultrasound again because we had the ultrasound done by a different clinic. I'm sure we will have only good news. 

Baby Girl Swenson's kicks and punches were so strong this week that we saw my belly move :)

Miss anything? coffee, hot baths
Movement: yes, and lots of it!
Food Cravings: not really
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope
Gender: Girl
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In
Wedding rings on or off: On
Mood: HAPPY
Looking forward to: decorating our nursery and buying little girl things



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited it's a girl! I hope you like cheetah print :) We should go shopping soon because I want to buy her something - mother approved. Love you both to pieces, and love this blog! Oh and I love baby Swenson :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger