Week 34

Wednesday, September 25, 2013


How far along? 34 weeks
Weight gain: 22 lbs
Stretch marks? no - thankfully!
Sleep: HOT! I wake up several times a night feeling hot and sweaty. I would make our place cooler, but I'm afraid my poor husband will freeze to death. While I'm roasting away in shorts, a tank top, and a top sheet, Pete is frozen stiff in sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt, and layers of blankets. Sorry honey, just a few weeks left ;)
Best moment this week: My 3rd and final baby shower. Pete's mom, soon-to-be Grandma Sharon, and her sister, Sandy, hosted a wonderful shower with lots of games and entertainment. We even had a guest appearance from Opera Grandma.

-- stayed tuned of video from Opera Grandma --

Miss anything? feeling comfortable
Movement: Yes! Baby Girl is still moving around like crazy. She's especially active when I'm listening to music in the car and when Pete gets home from work. I'm certain she is going to love music and be a Daddy's Girl. 
Food Cravings: none
Anything making you queasy or sick: no
Symptoms: Allergies, pelvic pain, and lower back pain. Nothing terrible though. My allergies seem to be improving - YES - and the back pain comes and goes. 
Gender: Girl 
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: On
Mood: Happy
Looking forward to: finishing the nursery

People keep telling me I'm lucky that I'm all belly; while I appreciate the compliments, I can't help but wonder where all of the 22 pounds has gone. I'm certainly not carrying around a 22 pound baby. This chart helps answer that question:

Where Does My Pregnancy Weight Gain Go?
A normal weight gain of 25 -35 pounds (28 to 40 pounds for women considered underweight, only 15 to 25 pounds for those overweight), over a nine-month pregnancy is expected. Where does it all go?
Location
Average Weight
(in pounds)
Fetus
7.5
Placenta
1.5
Amniotic Fluid
2.0
Uterus
2.0
Breasts
1.0
Blood
3.0
Water
3.5
Fat
7.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger